This role involves creating marketing strategies for specific products or services. They need to understand the market, competitors, and customer needs in order to effectively position their product.
Product Marketing Manager Job Description Template
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching).
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns).
- Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies.
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers.
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus.
- Experience in market analysis.
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns).
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role.
If you want to make your job post even more comprehensive, you might want to add these sections:
- Reporting line: This section indicates who the person in the position will report to, and who, if anyone, will report to them. It provides a clear understanding of the job's place within the organizational hierarchy.
- Salary Range: Including a salary range can help to ensure that you are attracting candidates who have the appropriate level of experience for the level of compensation you can offer.
- Location and Work Conditions: This could include the office location, whether remote work is possible, work hours, and travel requirements.
- Benefits: This could include information about health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and other benefits that your company provides.
Ready to post your job opening? Get started on the marketHER job board!