Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC is a project-based engineering consulting firm in Chicago focused on software development and control systems. We develop and implement solutions for a wide range of industries using a variety of technologies and platforms.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated student to work part-time in our Chicago office to assist our Marketing team. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable marketing experience and to contribute to a growing company. The Marketing Intern will assist in generating and posting content to the company website and blog, so strong communications skills are required. Set work hours will be established, but we are flexible with scheduling.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
What we are looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing or related field (Communications, English, Business) with minimum 3.4 GPA
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite especially
- Social media proficiency (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn)
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Enthusiastic about learning new things & tackling ambiguous challenges
- Experience creating, editing, and publishing website content (i.e. blogs or case studies)
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, e-marketing, photography, B2B marketing, data analysis, SEO/SEM strategy and implementation, and basic HTML/CSS are a bonus, but not required
What you'll do:
- Write, edit, and post website content website content (i.e. blogs, videos)
- Contribute to monthly newsletter content
- Coordinate web content writing meetings
- Send web content follow-ups and reminders
- Contribute to our social media channels
- Design basic imagery, including blog thumbnails
- Coordinate branded inventory and promotional items (SWAG)
- Plan events
What we offer:
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Flexible work location (hybrid environment)
- Flexible work schedule
- Company sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events
- Unique company traditions including: welcome parties, FedEx Day, All Day Company Meeting, and Yearly Office Events
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly catered meals and stocked kitchens
- Open office workspace with fun amenities such as ping pong, pool, & shuffle board
- Regular employee engagement surveys
- Mentorship program
- Career and leadership development programs
- Ongoing technical and soft skills training
- $18 - $20 per hour
If you're interested, please apply and include a writing sample and the following in a cover letter:
- Your expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses or professors would say about you - both strengths and areas for improvement
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com, or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!
Smart People. Expert Solutions.