EDU Marketing Intern
SXSW EDU is seeking a Marketing Intern to work closely with the marketing team to assist with the planning, creation, scheduling, and execution of marketing efforts for the 2024 SXSW EDU Conference & Festival. The intern will report directly to the Marketing Coordinator and be responsible for providing support in several areas, including but not limited to email marketing, print/digital advertising, media partnerships, content proofing, brainstorming, scheduling, and analyzing campaign metrics.
This role will provide a wide spectrum of experience relating to creating and promoting marketing campaigns supporting a large-scale, multi-faceted, international event.
What you will learn:
- How to create, manage, optimize, and execute email marketing campaigns for unique audiences
- How to manage trade relationships and asset fulfillment with media organizations and association partners
- How to plan and optimize digital and print ad campaigns based on a cohesive strategy
- How various online marketing platforms are used and how they differ from one another
- How to monitor and measure the performance of marketing initiatives
- How to make key business decisions using industry best practices and in-house testing
Qualifications & Skills:
You must be enrolled in an accredited university or college and live in Texas to be eligible for a SXSW Internship.
- Majoring in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications/PR, or similar
- Demonstrate strong and ongoing interest in the education & event industries
- Show interest in expanding email marketing/advertising experience & knowledge
- Enjoy brainstorming and creative writing with strategic direction
- Be highly organized and flexible with an open-minded approach
- Demonstrate good communication skills and leadership qualities
- Show strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Team player with strong prioritization and organization skills
- Eager to learn and absorb at a fast pace
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and communication skills
- Have some experience with Mac computers
- Knowledge of Hubspot is a plus
Frequently required to sit, stand, or walk for long periods with or without accommodation. Keyboard and office equipment use, with or without accommodation. Typical office work environment. This position may require you to stay away from home during the event.
Work Location, Schedule & Pay
This position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am 6 pm. Must be available to work from October March 2024. A time commitment of 12-16 hours a week is required. Candidates may have the ability to work remotely and in the office. This position may also receive preferential consideration for future SXSW hiring opportunities. This is a paid internship at $12.00/hr.
Helping creative people share ideas and achieve their goals since 1987. SXSW 2023: March 10–19 | Austin, TX