VP, Brand Partnerships
Howl s the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, influencer marketing has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl's mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
About The Role
As the VP of Brand Partnerships, you'll oversee and guide the account team members, strategies and planning that cultivate growth for our brand and retail partners.
Our Brand Partnerships team manages our ecommerce customers in all of the stages of their commerce content journey. Our goal is to be a top performing revenue channel for our customers and this is the team that ensures that path. This team consists of eCommerce, performance marketing and commerce content experts.
What you'll own and the impact you'll have:
- Oversee a team of account managers / directors who will own revenue and revenue growth goals for existing and incoming brand and retail partners
- Drive strategy at the vertical and account level, innovating new ways to deliver value to brands, creators, and social communities
- Ensure operational excellence across your team with effective cadences and playbooks for planning and activating growth
- Develop and maintain executive stakeholder relationships, deepening and broadening our account relationships.
- Identify and lead OKR initiatives that drive the business forward
- Own big swings and tactical changes that make last impact
- Partner with our product and experience organization to identify product and sequences that elevate our client experiences
- Manage a results-focused team
- Define, model, and promote a culture of excellence and accountability in your team
- Coach team members to unlock performance and growth
- Design and maintain the right organizational structures that drive efficacyand collaboration
- Partner with recruiting on hiring practices and processes, bringing in top talent as the team grows
- Work with and support our Enterprise customers on strategy
- Create the right for execution with your team of direct reports
- Attend strategy and QBR meetings with enterprise customers
- Deep experience running an account team, including sales goals, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Experience with influencers, creators, or affiliate marketing
- Understanding of e-commerce marketers as a stakeholder, including how they think about their channel mix, goals, and strategies.
- Experience coaching and managing senior contributors and people managers
- Previous track record of owning and growing revenue through client partnerships
- You've been at growth stage companies and have experience leading and aligning revenue teams to hitting goals, both qualitative and quantitative
- You've led hiring and performance management, set up incentive programs and plans that drive the right outcomes for your direct teams
The base salary range for this role is $230,000/yr - $270,000/yr USD.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
A new marketplace designed for creators and brands who crave transparent collaboration.