Digital Communications Specialist
Salary Range: $64,480 - $70,000 per year
Momentum for Health is one of the largest nonprofit providers of behavioral health services in Santa Clara County. Each year, we serve more than 4,000 adults and youth living with a mental illness or substance use diagnosis. Our comprehensive programs and services include prevention and early intervention, adult and transitional age youth (14 to 24) outpatient services, employment services, day rehabilitation, addiction treatment services, residential treatment, supported housing, and a volunteer program. Momentum works to reduce and eliminate stigma that surrounds mental illness and behavioral health care through a community relations program that promotes education, diversity, and collaboration.
The Digital Communications Specialist is a creative communicator with a strong passion for mental health advocacy who will play a vital role in enhancing Momentum for Health's online presence, engagement, and outreach efforts. In this role, you will use your creative communication skills to develop and implement digital strategies that effectively convey our mission, connect with our target audience, and inspire positive change. Your work will directly contribute to breaking down stigma, promoting understanding, and encouraging individuals to seek the help they need. Please note that while this position can be partially remote, fully remote work is not possible.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute comprehensive digital communications strategies to increase awareness of Momentum for Health's programs, initiatives, and impact.
- Manage the editorial calendar for digital content, ensuring a consistent and cohesive message across all platforms.
- Manage the organization's social media accounts, creating and curating compelling content that resonates with our followers and supports our mission.
- Manage the development of email marketing campaigns, newsletters, and other targeted communications to engage donors, partners, and supporters.
- Create and curate engaging written, visual, and multimedia content for various digital platforms, including social media posts, blog articles, infographics, videos, and more.
- Monitor online conversations related to mental health and engage with the community to foster meaningful interactions and provide valuable resources.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information and stories that highlight the organization's successes, impact, and client testimonials.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the effectiveness of digital communication efforts and adjust strategies as needed.
- Stay informed about emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in digital communications and mental health advocacy.
- Coordinate the organization's website content and updates, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to contribute innovative ideas for campaigns, events, and awareness initiatives.
- Support the Marketing & Communications team with other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: (E = Essential; D = Desired)
The ideal candidate will be creative, passionate about advocating for behavioral health care, and comfortable working with a small but highly collaborative team. We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field. (D)
- Proven experience in digital communications, social media management, or related roles. (E)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, content creation, and digital storytelling techniques. (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in an accessible and engaging manner. (E)
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms and website content management systems. (E)
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing software/tools is a plus. (D)
- Sensitivity to the subject of mental health and a commitment to reducing stigma and promoting understanding. (E)
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and amplifying marginalized voices. (E)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. (E)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and interact daily with people at different levels within the organization, including developing and maintaining ongoing relationships. (E)
- Passion for nonprofit work and making a positive impact on mental health and wellness. (E)
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located. (E)
- Possess a valid California Driver License, with access to a reliable vehicle or for driving an Agency vehicle, current proof of auto liability insurance, and a documented clean DMV record. (D)
Building Wellness Together