Content Marketing Manager
Everlaw’s mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. We believe that justice is served by truth, and our platform helps users discover it. Cloud-native and AI-powered, Everlaw is revolutionizing the way law firms, government agencies, and corporate legal departments handle mountains of digital data for internal investigations, ediscovery, and case preparation. We’re growing rapidly and we’re looking for passionate people to join us on the next phase of this incredible journey!
As a Content Marketing Manager, you’ll craft the narratives that transform the legal industry, alongside unparalleled peers in a world-class organization. In this role, you’ll develop a deep understanding of and empathy towards Everlaw’s customer segments. You’ll leverage that knowledge to create compelling, creative stories that educate prospects, elevate customers, and win a growing share of organic search traffic. You’ll collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify stories, champions, and content opportunities that support both marketing and the broader go-to-market strategy. Most importantly, you’ll write well and write often, for multiple audiences and across various channels and formats, with a sense of passion and creativity.
Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time position based in our Oakland, CA office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Develop deep understanding and empathy towards Everlaw’s target audience, their objectives, their aspirations, and the problems they seek to solve.
- Leverage your excellent communication skills across various formats (e.g. articles, whitepapers, case studies) and channels (e.g. blog, marketing website, convertible content) to create content that educates and excites our audience.
- Create compelling, creative stories that engage prospects, elevate customers, and win a growing share of organic search traffic.
- Engage both internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify compelling narratives, customer champions, and content opportunities that fuel both inbound traffic and support outbound lead generation.
- Monitor and optimize content performance to best support Everlaw’s marketing objectives. Report on content performance from a production, traffic, and lead generation perspective and maintain regular experimentation and optimization to improve that performance.
- Set your own bar. Explore and experiment with new channels and formats, keeping your pulse on content trends and emerging B2B and B2C marketing tactics. Be an active and contributing member of the marketing team's creative think tank.
- You have a passion for narrative. You have a background in writing, journalism or related fields (a JD is a huge plus) and appreciate the power of storytelling to influence the way we see and act in the world. You’re excited about bringing that passion to the marketing content you create.
- You are a continuous learner. You seek to develop a deeper understanding of your subject area, you are reflective and aware of your strengths and growth areas, and you are confident in your ability to understand and convey complex ideas.
- You are a collaborative project manager. You prioritize your most important tasks, you engage with internal and external partners to build consensus, determine direction, and execute on projects, and you drive to meet project timelines.
- You question the status quo. You bring a sense of creativity and curiosity to your work, exploring new, innovative approaches to content creation and delivery.
- You have a history of high performance. With five or more years of experience in content marketing or a related field (or three years of experience with an advanced degree), you have demonstrated abilities to create impactful B2B content that aligns with strategic goals, target audiences, and phases of the buyer’s journey.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- The expected salary range for this role is between $120,000 - $150,000. The final offered salary will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work. That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.
Chart a straighter path to the truth.