Position at IGN
About IGN IGN Entertainment is one of the leading Internet media companies focused on video games and entertainment. IGN reaches more than 286 million monthly users around the world, and is followed by more than 56MM social and YouTube followers. IGN also publishes daily content on 35 platforms including TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat Discover. Established in 1996, IGN is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London. IGN content is localized in 20 languages and 110 countries and hosted on websites and native applications on mobile, connected TV, and Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
Come join IGN as our Product Marketing Manager!
IGN’s Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and executing a calendar of promotional activities across IGN’s owned and operated channels that increases awareness of and engagement with IGN’s initiatives and product launches. This role will be both strategic and executional, working with a variety of internal teams to prioritize key initiatives, oversee development of creative assets and lead the execution of marketing tactics targeted to IGN’s audience. This role will additionally be responsible for creating and executing go-to-market efforts around new IGN products and features.
- Own the marketing calendar for ongoing IGN Commerce initiatives, developing a daily cadence of messaging priorities with particular focus on the IGN Store and the IGN Plus paid membership program.
- Execute on-site marketing campaigns in IGN’s internal tools and work with cross-functional teams (social, CRM, video) to launch off site programs. Lead optimization of messaging and CTAs to ensure maximum effectiveness and reach.
- Lead Product Marketing for all new features and functionality - work closely with the Product team to develop marketing campaigns that drive awareness and usage of new features on IGN. Oversee positioning, go-to-market and ongoing awareness strategies that drive deeper engagement with IGN.
- Lead the development of creative assets and messaging.
- Support IGN’s Editorial and Events team in the promotion and roll out of IGN tentpole programming and events across IGN.
- Closely coordinate the execution of all marketing campaigns with the relevant stakeholders including Social, Editorial and CRM.
- Regularly report on key marketing programs providing strategies for optimization.
- Around 5 years experience with digital marketing or marketing operations specifically focused on “always on” experiences with daily or weekly messaging to an increase engagement within an existing audience.
- Product Marketing background with experience bring new features and iterative updates to market preferred.
- Personal or professional experience with video games, comic books, anime, etc. would be greatly beneficial.
- Strong experience using testing and optimization learning to improve the effectiveness and reach of programs.
- A self starter who can be both strategic and executional to launch marketing programs.
- Demonstrated ability in writing engaging copy and working with designers to develop compelling marketing assets.
- Experience with online media buys across social channels including segmentation, targeting and SEM
- Working knowledge of key social media marketing and email marketing tactics
- A background working for a pop culture brand, news media organization or eCommerce storefront is highly preferred.
- Hands on experience with campaign metrics and tracking including Google Analytics.
Our Culture and Values
At IGN, we believe diversity stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of new ideas, and enriches our personal and professional lives. We are committed to championing diversity in all that we do, weaving fairness and equity into the fabric of our organization, and achieving a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and antiracist culture where everyone belongs and everyone can thrive.
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- You’ll make an impact. We reach 286 MM monthly unique users. We’re big time, but we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We’ve got a big presence, but a small team.
- We have fun. It’s all about games and games are fun. Anyone can offer a casual work environment, flexible hours, and benefits. We can offer that and a place where gamers as passionate as you want to plot your demise in the arcade/game room.
- We’re passionate about what we do. IGN employees understand our users, because they are our users. We have a personal interest in providing the best possible product.
IGN offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness focused benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits; Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then IGN is the place for you.
IGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Ziff Davis provides a range for the base pay. Factors that may be used to determine your actual pay may include your specific job related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. The base pay for this position ranges from 80,000 to $100,000., plus incentive compensation (for eligible roles only), 401K with company match, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a flexible time off policy.
IGN publishes daily games and entertainment content for millions of fans worldwide.