Social Media Manager
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Digital Communications
Schedule: M-F, 9-5
Salary Grade: $78k-$90k
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for carrying out the social media strategy, as well as overseeing content creation and social media posting for Vibrant Emotional Health and its programs, including the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline and national Disaster Distress Helpline. This role oversees the Social Media and Communications Coordinator and reports to the Director of Digital Communications. This position will also identify and act on opportunities to increase social media presence, coordinate with national and local partners to carry out campaigns and messaging, measure and report on results and impact of communications strategies and messaging, and make recommendations for increasing social media and communications engagement.
- Manage Vibrant’s social media properties, including Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, TikTok and more for multiple programs, including the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline and Disaster Distress Helpline
- Ensure that all social media content adheres to each program’s branding, tone, voice, and subject matter
- Support the implementation and dissemination of mental health and suicide prevention best practices in the digital space
- Help support strategies for raising online revenue
- Develop and implement a cohesive social media strategy aligned with the company's marketing objectives and brand identity.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, audience preferences, and competitive landscape to inform the social media strategy.
- Oversee the creation and curation of social media content across all social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.).
- Collaborate with the design and content teams to produce visually appealing and on-brand graphics, videos, and other multimedia content.
- Manage relationships with moderators
- Plan, execute, and monitor social media campaigns to achieve specific awareness and marketing goals and KPIs.
- Utilize social media advertising platforms to create and manage paid social campaigns for maximum reach and engagement.
- Analyze social media performance metrics and derive insights to optimize content strategy and achieve key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare regular reports to communicate campaign results, trends, and actionable recommendations to the marketing team.
- Identify and engage with relevant influencers, bloggers, and partners to amplify brand reach and credibility.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, tools, and best practices to maintain a competitive edge and drive innovation in the company's social media efforts
- Experience managing multiple social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, and more
- Experience creating social media content and messaging, with a focus on addressing sensitive, complex and timely subject matter
- Proficiency with social media management tools, content management systems, and digital analytics
- Familiarity with digital fundraising materials and messaging
- Strong creative skills, especially writing/editorial and graphic design
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, SEO, SEM
- Identifies multi-faceted problems affecting achievement of individual goals and provides solutions.
- Decisions have minor organizational impact that may require consultation with internal and external stakeholders regarding issues, possible solutions and implementation of alternatives.
- Analyzes and interprets issues, realigns responsibilities, commits resources and proposes alternative solutions.
- Implements solutions for minor projects after approval; held accountable if no action is taken.
- Multi-factor decision-making requiring research and analysis, subject to supervisory guidance.
Scope Of Responsibility/Accountability
- Manages programs/projects, creates and implements work plans and objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates interim results and develops contingency plans if objectives are off track.
- Performance is reviewed by director level and above.
- Interprets standards, communicates constructive feedback and guides others in developing their capacity to perform more effectively.
- Participates in planning and implementing small-scale work activities and contributes to evaluation of results for assigned objectives.
- Manages their own task list with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in a marketing and communications department of a complex organization; editorial and/or public relations experience in a nonprofit mental health, health, or human services organization a plus
- 3-5 years of experience managing and publishing content on public-facing social media, websites and other digital properties
- Proficient in social media management tools, analytics platforms, and advertising tools.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms, algorithms, and audience behaviors.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Interest in mental health and suicide prevention
- Strong understanding of digital communities and online trends
- Infrequent travel may be required
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. Vibrant will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
"Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Vibrant does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted on our careers page and all communications from the Vibrant recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @vibrant.org email address"
Connecting individuals and families with emotional support and care when, where, and how they need it.