Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you compassionate about animals? Do you want to work for an organization with a great cause?
Humane Society of Broward County is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, organized, and experienced Digital Meeting Specialist to help fulfill our mission of advocating for and improving lives of the furry friends in our care using all Social Media Platforms!
This role is perfect for someone who has affection and compassion for animals, a love for all the things trending on the internet and has the ability to operate with a sense of urgency catering to multiple priorities and demanding timeliness with a short turn-around.
Job Summary: Creates, designs and publishes content to increase brand awareness on key social sites that connects with general public and existing constituents. Researches opportunities to enhance social media activities and organizational presence online.
Job Type: This is a full-time, onsite position.
Compensation: Up to $50,000 per year
- Identifies and champions new tools, channels, tactics, sites, apps and data insights to drive continued growth.
- Creates and designs visual elements for digital platforms.
- Creates and launches new paid media campaigns and/or channels as needed.
- Manages, optimizes, and troubleshoots campaigns to performance goals.
- Establishes new and maintains existing social media relationships by proactively engaging in discussions surrounding our content, products and brand.
- Listens to and monitors all social media outlets; pages, sites, blogs, etc., on a daily basis and posts/responds on particular topics or in response to other posts/comments maintaining a respectful and professional tone at all times.
- Recommends and applies relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency.
- Contributes to and regularly updates external social sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and other community sites. Manages shelter’s social media advertising campaigns.
- Conveys a sense of community and builds HSBC following based on valuable content and mutual sharing.
- Uses creative means to drive strong engagement and organic growth of all social media sites.
- Executes social marketing campaigns, including marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and promotions.
- Measures success of social media activities and report the results to supervisor.
- Assist with developing unique value propositions, business partnerships, and social media initiatives that are targeted toward key customer segments.
- Creates and carries out Social Media Marketing plan.
- Creates a Digital Marketing Plan for the Walk for the Animals.
- Manages email marketing program and email subscribers via existing daily adoption reports and website subscription forms.
The ideal candidate must be visionary, have strong analytical skills to measure and adjust activities to maximize user growth in a frequently changing social landscape, contribute to effective teamwork and foster public relations beneficial to the shelter and its programs. Candidates must be prepared to show examples of previous work content created to drive business.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least two (2) years related marketing experience with demonstrated success in social media community management, community building, social media strategies, and outreach.
- Ability to generate and analyze data through Google Business Profile Manager.
- Experience in the following ad platforms: Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
- Experience with Google Ad Grants.
- Experience with email marketing platforms.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, and Lightroom).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Word.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and research skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data/KPIs and evaluate paid media performance.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills. Must be able to write with a given audience in mind, keeping communication clear and concise.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline such as Business, Marketing, or Communication.
- Experience in WordPress.
- Experience with GetResponse.
- Knowledge of Chameleon software.
- Prior work experience in a non-profit environment.
Benefits for FT employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (100% employer sponsored plan available)
- 15k Life Insurance Policy (100% employer sponsored)
- Paid Time Off (PTO): sick days, personal days, vacation time and floating holidays.
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- HSBC Employee Perks (free or discounted shelter services and programs)
- Employee Discount Program
- Free Legal Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer match (after 1 year of employment)
- Voluntary supplementary benefits
Advocating for and improving the lives of animals by providing adoptions, community services, and education since 1944.