Emerald is seeking a Marketing Specialist to support our Content brands. These brands represent a wide and interesting portfolio including media properties in the technology, design, food, and sports sectors.
The Marketing Specialist supports our marketing team to grow the brands’ online audiences, including site traffic, engagement, newsletter lists, and overall database size. In addition the Marketing Specialist supports any needed trade show and event coordination with the Emerald Connections teams to promote associated media brands.
The best candidate for this position will bring a strong attention to detail and a creative mind, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. You should be a self-starter who can work both independently and in a team environment, and have the ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects and simultaneous deadlines. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a curiosity to learn and willingness to experiment with new marketing techniques.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Growing the Brands’ online audiences including site traffic, engagement, newsletter lists and overall database size. Tactics to meet these goals include:
- Email marketing and nurturing
- Paid social and search ads including LinkedIn, Reddit, and/or Facebook
- Organic social and engagement
- Marketing activity calendar
- Working closely with the cross-functional Emerald marketing team, specifically teams responsible for events which correspond with the Content brands.
- Coordinating outbound marketing efforts
- Coordinating brand media presence at events
- B2B experience in marketing, a plus if in the technology segment
- Previous experience with email marketing, paid social, digital funnels and landing page development desired
- Familiarity with A/B testing and willingness to build, test, and refine
- Proactive work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully with multiple functional groups internally (sales, editorial, creative) and externally (clients, vendors, etc)
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $60,000-64,000
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at Careers@EmeraldX.com.
We grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year through Connections, Content, and Commerce