Our Marketing Department has an exciting growth opportunity for a Marketing Specialist in the Los Angeles office. The Marketing Specialist is an exempt position that reports to the Business Development & Marketing Manager (BDMM) and is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Business Practice Group, as well as support the (4) West Coast offices in all of their regional marketing activities. This position works closely with the Firmwide BD & Marketing resources to manage, coordinate, and/or implement marketing and business development initiatives.
- Marketing collateral and pitches: Update, maintain and develop client-focused brochures, practice collateral and pitch materials. This requires careful writing and editing skills to proof and correct errors, format for consistency and visual appeal while upholding Firm branding standards.
- Event marketing: Manage all aspects of team events/conferences, including budgeting, site selection, development of invite list, invitation process, event logistics, site set-up, CLE planning and post-event follow up. Set up and monitor required technology for virtual events and webinars.
- Survey and Ranking Submissions: Assist with the collection of representative experience to compile submissions for recognitions in rankings and directory guide listings.
- Industry sponsorships and associations: Evaluate and manage sponsorship/membership opportunities, including vetting criteria, arranging for payment, managing ad production, and coordination of associated events, conferences, speaking opportunities, logins/passwords, marketing materials, etc., for these initiatives.
- Attorney onboarding: Support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcements, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration.
- Client service: Maintain highest standards of client service to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors. Provide excellent customer service and follow-through to ensure needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other: Assist larger BD & Marketing Department resources, as needed, with Group-wide practice development projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field along with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of professional and support staff, clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients, and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these interactions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Creative, solution-oriented mindset, and motivated and energetic with the ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team.
- Demonstrate good judgment, tact, and flexibility under pressure in a mixed-matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.
The expected annual salary for this position ranges from $70,000 – 80,000. The salary offered will be determined by a wide range of factors including but not limited to experience level, education/training, and relevant skills.
AmLaw 100 firm. More than 1,000 attorneys, providing advice and counsel to clients worldwide.